Use 1280x720 or better resolution Wind River Mountains Upper Wind River Indian Paintbrush
visit our --
many Short Bible Studies //
Missionary Trips and Mission of Hope
in Philippines ( many photos in
both mission works) // or our many Wyoming Photos // or Ron's Books // or our Books for children // or our Ministry Links or Shared Links ...
((( Missionary Alert )))
Send comments: firstname.lastname@example.org Click on our Logo (upper left) to Explore our Website
Christian Wilderness Press
- Welcome to the Internet home of Ron and Barbara Johnson. Lord willing we wish to encourage our brothers and sisters in their walks before our Father and our Lord Jesus Christ, especially regarding what the Apostle Paul and others wrote about faith (present in all scripture). Jesus said of his Bible (the Old Testament), "...the weightier matters of the law, [are] judgment, mercy, and faith." (Matthew 23:23) And in Hebrews 11:6 we see 'But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.'
- Barbara and I are living the 'walk of faith'. We have been in the mountains of Wyoming for 40 years. Read a short note about us below. (Read more about us on our 'Ron and Barbara' page. )
- Faith-life is simple. No matter where you live or what is your lifestyle, Biblical faith is simple and it simplifies life. Yet, many Christians have tried to complicate Biblical faith by following formulas or even learning curriculum such that varied doctrines and teachings regarding faith exist.
- Our thought behind the phrase for this website - Christian Wilderness Press - is regarding our Publishing name and thus also our Internet presence. It is based upon all that the Lord was doing with and for His people Israel during forty years in their wilderness. Israel's first generation (led out of Egypt) was rebellious and thus lost its opportunity with Him for the victories which the next generation would experience in the Holy Land.
Nonetheless, the first generation's children (the second generation) grew up observing God taking care of their parents' every need (in that, their parents truly had been chosen by the Lord). Thus, these children developed into a generation that lived and operated by faith.
These young Israelites had come to know the Provision of the Lord; and also they had observed the developing faith of their repentant parents. Consequently these young Israelites acquired a heart toward victory-by-faith.
Indeed, in the wildernesses of Sinai the Lord built up a young Remnant with which to accomplish His Purpose according to the Abrahamic Covenant. Therefore, by the time these Remnant-Israelites had crossed through the Jordan River into Canaan all dross had been removed from them (i.e. in Joshua 5:9 and10, we see that even ...'the reproach (i.e. 'stench') of Egypt' was removed from them).
- For Christians, then, wilderness living has to do with testing, humbling, clarifying, un-cluttering, character-remolding, and other such God-induced things and experiences. Such a process is many-cycled and if one is willing it is fully provided by the Provider and in Him. Furthermore, Biblical faith is the essential element in all of it.
- Dear visitor, every true Christian has the Faith of Heaven of which Jesus and Paul often spoke; for the Lord has placed it in each of His children. And if you are one that senses that perhaps He has entered you into unfamiliar circumstances ... then perhaps you have entered into your own proverbial wilderness ... even as everyone else you know walks along in the familiar and normal environment of everyday life. If this has happened to you, it is because God is pleased with your 'willingness' toward Him.
Indeed, the Lord God pressed forty years of Wilderness Living upon His people Israel, during which much dross was removed ... and so finally they bonded together as one in their Lord.
This happened to the two of us as we responded to the Lord's pulling (more likely pushing) because we were willing to be pushed. As a couple, then, we found ourselves in a God-caused-wilderness. And in our case it turned out to be an actual wilderness region in the mountains of Wyoming. Yet, with most Christians it is more a withdrawal from the busy necessities of life into simply relying on Him. Such wildernesses in the Lord are physically different for each Christian (or Christian couple).
I was busy in my engineering work when it happened to us. And also my niece at fifty years of age has just recently answered the call to missionary work and just completed her schooling, soon to be assigned to a country.
for each child of God thus called (i.e. invited) into such a walk,
the spiritual aspect of it is much the same ... as unfamiliar things
in the Lord begin unfolding. Yes, it is scary. That which we knew or
thought we knew continually evaporated (and continues to evaporate
from time to time). How can that which was true
and stable for years
just evaporate? The individual's (or the couple's) values begin
changing to the point that friends (and often family) will gaze at
them as "odd". This, however, this is not
yet the place of real discipleship ... but the Lord is drawing toward
In time, He may physically remove the person (or couple) from familiar circumstance (as He did the Israelites from Egypt) into a place of less struggle and toward dependence upon faith and upon His Provision. He did this with us: removing us a long distance from family and friends such that we would not have to try to explain to our loved ones.
Did I forget to say, "It
Being more into one's Bible helps a lot. It has surely helped us. Thus, it is to this end that in our studies we aspire as two little sheep to snuggle up to the feet of our King Shepherd. Moreover, with this website we seek to encourage others in their 'walks of faith' ... to be into their own studies.
In other words, we consider ourselves - Ron in particular - to be students of God and His Word (not preacher, teacher, or any such thing, but students). Barbara - in her personal walk - walks hand and hand with Ron. Our webpages and writings (i.e. books, short bible studies and sermons, children's books, missionary friends, etc.) are provided so that you may peek over our shoulders (so to speak) at what we have studied and are studying. In this we hope to be an encouragement to our visitors toward their own studies. We trust The Bible, and we trust the Lord in His Spirit to work in hearts as He choses to do.
Ron's formal education is
BS electrical engineering at Lamar Tech (now Lamar University) and MS
electrical and ocean engineering at University of Miami. He worked 10
years in research and design. A year into
his first engineering job in Florida he met Barbara. A year and a
half later they were married. Five years later little Ben was born
... whereupon Barbara retired from teaching at a Christian school and
entered her career of wife and mother.
Barbara has a BS in elementary education and worked for six years ... three years in public education and three years in a Christian school teaching second grade.
Ron was nine years into his engineering work when the Lord indicated that He had something else for him to do ... and Ron 'agreed' to that. Yet, the Lord kept him waiting for another year before clearly indicating that it was time to leave his job and engineering. Nearly a year passed before the Lord led Ron and Barbara and little Ben to a small town in the mountains of Western Wyoming. The Lord so far has kept us here ... even as we 'wait upon the Lord'... learning (and experiencing) the walk-in-faith (a phrase often used by Paul).
Dear visitor, please understand that such 'waiting' is working for and in the Lord; though it is unrecognizable as "work" by most folks. Did I forget to say, "It can be lonely"? Thus, the friends we have are near and dear to us.
Our website has more than a few topics (and growing) (see
top of page). It has grown to contain many pages (and growing). Many
of our pages (as in the short Bible studies and sermons) have
files available in pdf form. Our books also are in pdf form. Due to
many different computers, operating systems, browsers, and varying
monitors... the use of pdf files will always work well with any
tablet, cell phone, computer, monitor, and for printing.
Thank you for visiting.
Everything is free for downloading.
Click on the Logo at top of page to fully navigate this website
... there check out our new sermon series on ...
- The Whole Christ -
- Christian Wilderness Press -